Interested in bringing music & arts education to elementary schools in San Diego? Classics 4 Kids needs your expertise!
Classics 4 Kids is a 501c3 non-profit organization, dedicated to educating elementary
school students through classical music and the arts. Our professional symphony
incorporates dance, guest artists and other visual elements. Operating since 1994,
Classics 4 Kids impacts 20,000 elementary students and teachers from 185 schools
across San Diego each year, with particular outreach to low-income, Title 1 schools in
need of music education.
Advisory Council members will support Classics 4 Kids in a variety of ways, with only as
much obligation as desired. There is no liability or governing role. C4K encourages a $25
annual donation (financial or in-kind) from Advisory Council participants.
Expectations of the C4K Advisory Council include:
• Attend twice-annual Advisory Council Meetings to stay informed of C4K plans
• Function as an ambassador to the community by sharing information about C4K
to local friends, family and local schools – encouraging participation in our events
• Like our page on Facebook and share C4K updates with your community
• Allow C4K to publicize your participation on the Advisory Council (for grants)
• Attend special C4K gatherings and fundraisers
• Act annually in some significant way to support the organization’s mission,
through at least one of the following:
o Lending your professional expertise to improve our organization
o Identify and solicit donations for our fundraising events/silent auctions
o Making a year-end gift and encouraging others to donate to C4K
o Solicit additional funders and/or checking with your place of business
for matching gifts or corporate funding opportunities
o Volunteering on a special committee (fundraiser planning,
communications, representing C4K at community events)
Classics 4 Kids is a small team with big ambitions, and with your help, we will be closer to reaching our goals.